May 26, 2008

The Legend Premieres in Singapore

Singapore fans of Bae Yong Jun must have rejoiced as The Legend made its much awaited premiere on small screens via Channel U at 7.30pm last night (Sunday). It must have been a long wait for many since the drama has been released for quite some time in Korea.

I happened to switch over from the 'live' coverage of the F1 Monaco GP, being a Ferrari fan that I am, to watch the sequence showing the 3 gods taking on the black phoenix. It felt great to rewatch this sequence and relive the part where Bae Yong Joon had to kill Lee Ji Ah to put an end to the destruction wrought on by the black phoenix conjured by Lee Ji Ah's anger.

I noticed that the picture quality of the drama suffered greatly on the telly. I can tell the difference as I watched this series on dvd. Not sure if it has something to do with the fact the Channel U is currently not a HD channel. It's a real pity that the full glory of the special effects in the drama cannot be enjoyed by fans in Singapore.

For those who can afford the dvds, I suggest that you grab a copy and enjoy the drama in its full High Definition glory which it was meant to be seen in the first place. For your info, I bought the below version. It's pretty good, the chinese dubbing is quite well done and I had no problem with any of the discs. And I paid around S$25 for it. So it's pretty cheap for a series running for 30 plus episodes. Since it's the Great Singapore Sale (GSS) season, you might get it even at lower prices!

Btw, Hellohallyu am in no way advertising for this particular version. We are just giving some honest opinions on the version we bought! :)

No comments: