October 5, 2009

A Surprise from the Korean Tourism Organization

Yesterday was like any typical Sunday for me. It was a languid day when I usually take my time, at a languid pace, to start my biological engines, i.e. waking up after a good Saturday's night slumber. While still trying to rouse myself awake, I heard someone knocking on my door. Peering through the peephole, I see this guy standing outside my home. "Must be the newspaper agent collecting the fees again", I thought to myself.

Opening the door, I was surprised to see that it was a DHL delivery man. The fact that it is not 'business as usual' woke me up somewhat. After signing for the delivery, which is packed in a rather large nonedescript box, I quickly told my wife that I received a delivery from DHL. This is sometime of a big deal for us since we don't normally received stuff via courier services.

Yeah, we lead normal boring lives heh.

KTO Prize

Anyway, what piqued my curiosity is that fact that the delivery originated from KOREA! Yep, you are reading it right. At this point in time, my brain is really working overtime. My wife and I were wondering if our credit cards had been skimmed during our recent holiday there. We were both debating on whether to open up the box or check our credit card details online, when we noticed the sender is one "KTO, Seoul, Korea".

That's when everything clicked.

I have WON a prize in Korea Tourism Organisation's Blog Korea! Visit Korea! Blog Competition. To be honest, I can't even remember what the prizes were, but I remembered taking part in it since I wrote a post or two on my recent trip there. The nice folks at KTO must have overlooked my numerous typos and decided to award, yours sincerely, a prize.

Medal



KTO Website

Check out their website for the official award notice. HelloHallyu is listed at #61. Yup, we won a snazzy MP3 player.

Here's the very beautiful and generous prize from KTO. And yes, it's from Disney. :)

KTO Prize

KTO Prize

I have decided to store all my Korean drama OSTs and music in this very special gift from Korea. This just makes me feel like flying off for another holiday there. Perhaps I will net myself a netbook the next time. :D

1 comment:

Luna Esa said...

Congrats! That's a nice surprise...

Btw, I'm watching Shining Inheritance now. Is your My Fair Lady good?